Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-14-2008, 07:25 PM

Agreed, Sangetsu's advice is spot on. I just have one thing to ask:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Firstly, there is no perfect time to have a child. You can say "I'll wait until I'm 30" only to find that you are too busy with other things when the time comes. Let things occur naturally, and the child will come when nature decides.
Isn't this the line of thinking that convinces 16-18 year old girls and couples to have a child, only to bring them into a world in which they can't afford economically or emotionally?

Either way,
A lot of the time, parents will blur the lines, which should remain distinct and seperate, between loving their children and parenting their children. To be a bad ass parent, know the difference between the two. Love your child(ren) unconditionally; without that you cannot be a good parent. Then it's just a matter of "training" your child by slowly introducing them to concepts, which are being thrown at them at an alarming rate.

And know that your children are smart; incredibly smart. I can't stand looking at these parents who treat their children like retarded sacks of flesh. Half of the time, children know more about the underlying principles that govern the world than their parents do, since we're all caught up in the material workings and operations of how the world functions.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.