(#29 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
What's the difference betweenst maturity and experience? One person could say, "I'm a mature person. I can spot out the difference between real love and puppy love because I've got a clear head on my shoulders," compared to "I'm an experienced person. I can spot out the difference between real love and puppy love because I've seen it all..." Really, what is the difference between them?
Experience is a sort of time-stamp on how long you've been here, with a dash of action. Stay in doors all day, even though you've lived to be 75, and you might not be too experienced.

Maturity is a form of mental age in comparision with biological age. That's why people will use the phrase, "You're mature for your age," if they're talking about, let's say, a 17 year old thinking on par with a 19 or 20 year old. This can also work in reverse too, as some people, myself included, can act younger than their age suggests. At the same time, if we're going to use myself as the guinea pig, I can at mature about a great deal of things, on par with people who are 25 or 26 (being 21 myself), but at other times I can act younger, around the age of 17 or younger. Maturity isn't a blanket statement about someone, but more on how they approach certain things.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.