View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-23-2008, 09:48 AM

Seriously, I cannot express the amount of times condoms and contraception and pregnancy and STD's have been drilled into our heads. It's everywhere, at school, even in town they always give out leaflets and free condoms everywhere. There is really no excuse nowadays - education is everywhere when you are a teenager, whether you like it or not.

I really think people know what they are doing, yet everyone blames it on education. If you are a teenager right now, particularly one at my age, we have so much education about sex all the time to the point you've heard it all 204757667 times.

I do think it's because people are not particularly bothered about the consequences of having unprotected sex, and maybe a lot of teen pregnancies are fueled by teenage drinking too. If you have a baby now it's nowhere near as tough as previous years, you get free money and housing which would have been the first hurdle you'd have to deal with yourself if it was years ago. People who tend to have the children normally come from broken homes or those whose mothers have also had children young - they tend to have no direction to be going in so they think a kid will give them something to do or something to care about.

Some teenage mothers go to college after having a kid, because they not only have to provide for themselves but for a kid too. But most just sit at home and do nothing in particular, and a lot of the time the male partner f**ks off, so it's not like they can do that without getting some form of income. And it's well known that the longer you are out of employment, the harder it is to get back in.

Anyway, my friend told me how much she got in benefits and it basically pissed me off. I'm not entitled to anything, and I will be in 20,000 debt by the end of uni, because I'm trying to make a better life for myself. Having a kid used to be the hardest thing for someone to do, nowadays it just feels like the easy way out.