View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-23-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This will host an off-topic discussion from another thread on creativity and morality.

There should be no insults and no religious talk.
I'm trying hard not to resort to insults here but yea, its difficult when someone mis-interprets what you write, goes off topic and writes irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with what was being discussed and insults you while doing so.

Anyways, can someone name a creative form of entertainment which could also be classed as morally lacking?

I don't know, I think its hard to pick out such a movie or piece of work, mainly because such movies and pieces of work are trying to educate about a lack of morals in the first place.
War movies, (like Full Metal Jacket) would probably be high on my list as an example of this.
In my eyes, those types of movies are really creative.
Also, Manga/Anime like Trigun are very creative, simply because it tackles so many issues about how people treat each other.
Even Animes such as Naruto and DBZ have a good moral fibre, the former having plenty of suggestive scenes and humor.

Of course those are only examples and there is plenty of other stuff out there which can be grouped into the same category.
So how can we class movies like American Pie or Road Trip, which are funny in some ways, as creative when the aforementioned stuff exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Right, because my "guilty conscience" is coming into effect and stating the obvious to the oblivious. Nothing makes me think that I can't be the same and live by the same morals, I DO live by similar morals and I believe society NEEDS change, but much of the world does not think along the same lines. I clearly stated that I respect your sense of justice. What makes you think I thought your standards were elitist? It's not elitist to live by those standards, but it is to preach them as right or correct.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to insult you about maybe having a guilty conscious.
I just thought when you mentioned the eye rolling and elitest attitude, that you were directing it at me.

As for preaching my standards as right or correct, noone is preaching. I'm just discussing.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 12-23-2008 at 10:40 PM.