View Single Post
(#154 (permalink))
Old
SpectralHarlequin (Offline)
New to JF

01-01-2009, 01:55 PM

I dunno. It prolly just depends on what you like better on yourself. People with more redish skin tones sometimes look better with warmer colors, while those who have "blue-ish" skin tones usually also look nice in cool colors. I have a redish skin tone, so when I wear blue nail polish it contrasts in a very "unattractive" way. I quote that word because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which I've said before in another thread. Warmer nail colors like pink, orange, red, etc. I find look more "acceptable" to normies.

I have hazel eyes, and I like wearing red eye-liner for the contrast with my greenish parts of my iris... Blue eye-liner makes me look like a dork...but I wear it anyway for the sake of blueness. Black eye-liner I wear only on the bottom of my eyelids, focusing more on the corners...even though I hear many "professionals" say not to. I also like putting more mascara on the bottom lashes than the top ones. Yellow eye-shadow tends to bring out the brown in my eyes too; almost making it a gold color. These are just what I like to do though. I'm trying to explain that maybe you should just decide what you honestly think you look best in.

If you do more research on saturation, hue, complementary colors, contrasts, primary colors, the color wheel, sacred geometry *I guess that's just something I prefer to add*, and shades...you'll most likely find out this stuff for yourself and what you would rather like to see yourself wear.

Here's a fairly basic example of the color wheel. The combinations are endless, yet all come from the three basics.

Color is a concept that everyone understands, but the actual science isn't given much consideration. Hope this helps anyone curious...I'm not trying to be some "color know-it-all"...just wanted to be a little helpful. Everyone likes different things.

~ S.A.