View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
fletcherol (Offline)
New to JF

Planning a honeymoon in japan - 01-05-2009, 06:28 AM

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but I am planning my honeymoon in Japan and am looking for all of the advice that I can get. The date is set for August 8th and we were thinking leaving the 11th and getting back on the 1st of september. I researched it pretty heavily but sometimes prices and hints on the internet can be quickly outdated. I just have many questions about where to stay and the best places to go in 2009? I personally would be fine with staying in youth hostels but this is supposed to be a honeymoon(don't think the misses would approve)but we are going for three weeks and only have about 1,700 to spend on hotels and whatnot. Also, I found some round trip flights from chicago to Tokyo for around 1,300 each, is there a place that I can find a better price or is that about the best? . I know that all of the festivals will be going on so prices will be high. For the entire trip(including airfare)we budgeted about 6500 to 7000, and we wanted to have spending money etc. So is it possible? I'm pretty well-traveled but that was to europe and Japan seems to be quite different territory. I thank you in advance for any tips or hints. sorry for the long post.