(#12 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-11-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeroN View Post
Hi Enea,
may I ask how much it will cost it to you?

Thank you,
Yeron,

Are you asking about the cost of an overall trip to Japan? That really depends on several things, like what kind of hotels you want to live at, the transportation mode you are using, whether you are using a rail pass or not and the kind of places that you will be going to

In general, this is a simple breakdown of budget that I usually work against every time I go to Japan

- Food - 1000-1500 yen per meal on an average. Though, there was a day when I lived off of convenience store food. I managed to get away with just over 900 yen on a full day on food

- drinks - this will be the killer piece for traveler, especially if you are like me who walk a lot and drinks a lot. Vending machine drinks range from 120-250 yen a bottle

- Transportation - I usually use a rail pass. But if you prefer to pay per ride, assume it will be an average of 360 yen per ride. Some can be as low as 190 yen while some can go up to 540 yen.. so average it

- Hotel - I stay at business hotels and cheap small hotels usually. These cost around 4000-6000 yen per person per night. Rarely you maybe able to find something around 2700 yen per person per night. I also stay at traditional ryokan when I am around Onsen town, these are mostly "resort", so they average at around 8000-12000 yen per peron per night

- Attractions - Most shrines and temples are around 300-500 yen for adult admittance, and for other attractions like Land Mark towner's observatory and such, those will be around 1800-2400yen per person

Again these are just rough figures. I don't have 2008 data as I didn't go to japan last year due to work issues...