Thread: money worries
View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Onyx (Offline)
JF Regular

01-14-2009, 06:14 PM

Before i went on my trip to Japan people always told me that tokyo is very expensive and advised me to bring $3,000 spending money I spent 2 weeks in Tokyo and spent $1,500..

Stayed at a Hostels the whole time

Ate out at restaurants most of the time, i did the 7-11 thing for like 2days though. I'm sorry but 7-11 actually has some decent food there for some reason. But aside from that, restaurants aren't really that expensive. My last day i ate dinner with 2 friends in shibuya at a traditional Japanese style place, ordered lots of stuff, drinks and everything i thought the bill would be well over 100 dollars but it was actually like 56 dollars i was so surprised i just payed the whole bill.

I went all around Tokyo, traveled by subway everyday, even made a 2day trip to Mt.Fuji.

Every night i was in Tokyo i went Partying, and im a heavy drinker and smoker . Although i didn't buy anything, just some little things for myself and people back home So ya, it can done on a minimal amount of money yet, you can still have a good time and be comfortable. If not for all the club'n drinking and smoking i did, i might have only spent $900. So, just over budget your trip. You wont need a fortune if your just mainly staying in one location.