(#15 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
01-15-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Hmm, I sense that you misunderstood my posting a bit. By no mean was it to challenge your post/suggestion.

I didn't directly address his question because I don't have an answer. I am only posting my spending as a reference.

I also know you can go by very cheap in a day. Here is the cheapest day I've been through:

- Food - 900 yen total, all convenience sotre
- Hotel - 4000 yen
- Shopping - none
- Transportation 190 yen

Total is 5090 yen, call it 5100 yen, can someone live a day like that? Probably, I've done it, but do you want to live like this everyday? 2 months = 60 days, even with spending like this you are looking at 306000 Yen, if my calculation is correct, that will be just over USD$ 3000. Do you want to live everyday like that for 2 months though?

I did make suggestion in the past saying that assume on a daily basis, the average is 20000 yen or something to that extent. I am not sure what is there to not like about the suggestion. I did outline how I come up with that number, and where the money are spent.

Remember, this is "budgeting" you can't really break it down base on day to day activities, its a rough figure on an average

My recommendation was only made to help him better prepare for his trip, financially, so that he can enjoy his stay instead of living off bread and water for 2 months.....
Yeah your right, i felt like you where challeging my suggestions. Of course it is better to have a little higher budget, i just felt that 20000 a day would make quite a few people scared. You also have to think about students or younger people who just dont have the money but really want to come here. If i would be older and fully in my working live and had 2 weeks off to got to Japan, than i would also spend 20000 a day. But now i dont have the money, but ive got time, so i can go slowly, taking the local train instead of the shinkansen, book a hotel outside the city center,..... save alot of money and still see the whole country.
I just wanted to say it is possible to go on less and still have a good time.
And the 260000 he would bring would not be enough for 2 month. I could go 1 month, maybe 1 and a half at the maximun.

Anyway, i didnt want to start a fight : )

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)