View Single Post
(#141 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-19-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ante View Post
Feminism is dead, the new catchphrase is humanism, at least here in Sweden. That is mainly because a few screaming women, who do not want equallity, but infact dislike men, have given feminism a bad name.

A famous politician in Sweden actually proposed a "man-tax", where men should pay a tax that would go towards helping, and reducing men's violence against women. I don't even think it was a serious proposal, but it stirred up a shit storm and gave feminists a bad name. Other prominent feminists here in Sweden have said that all men are animals, who are all capable of rape at any time.

Affirmative action is another thing that pisses people off.

Some modern feminists have missed the point of the original movement. It's no longer about equal rights, it's about creating an uniformed society. That will not and can never happen unless we are all essential the same. As long as some people are smarter, some people are stronger, some people are prettier, we will not have a uniformed society. Embracing our differences would, in my opinion, be a better way to go, not trying to eliminate them.
Feminism exists within humanism and egalitarianism... not apart from it. The only difference is that the term feminism and feminist is used when referring to the topic of gender equality.

As for affirmative action? It pisses people off because people don't understand it. I know little about the history of race in Sweden (I have actually been to Sweden though) so whether or not it's appropriate for your country is not something I can comment on. But in America and NZ it is a necessity.