View Single Post
(#152 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM

Interesting discussion and very lively one at that with the usual heated banter but there were some very intelligent post to strengthen ones position or at the least make their position clear cheers to you MissMisa and Nyorin you might not agree but both your arguments were noteworthy and intelligent.

My response i will try to keep on track since i tend to get a little heated over these topics because to me the core basis not the radical feminism is very close to race rights as a Black American you can imagine my position on such a discussion.

There is always an extremist side to everything and that side never represents what the core purpose of the a moment, an idea or a way of thinking is intended. I have been to 15 different countries and majority of them i stayed in for more than a month and i feel a countries social status quo changes as needed but sometimes it also requires a little push and early feminist were the ones responsible for that push here in the US. I have met women in Japan who very content with their lives and ones that are very unhappy. I have had friends move here from Japan because they disliked the culture norm (yes they are native Japanese) I have friends move to other countries from the US because of the same feeling.

I dont feel there is anything wrong with feminism if its not taken to the extreme and expressed in the way that it was original intended not bringing down males or which sex is stronger or better but for the right to be treated a decent human. Make your own choices and stand by them if you think you are right.

The one thing i will not tolerate is the several post where people basically said well if feminists would shut up things would be better its the same as saying well if a Latino, or black, or Asian would shut up things might be easier for them. That is as ignorant as saying Separate but equal which does not and never will work.

Go with the flow or Fight the Power both choices are available to you why because somewhere in the past people fought for you to have that right weather its a woman or man. You have the rights you do because someone else put themselves out there under extreme prejudice and persecution so you can say "i like feminism" or "i hate feminism" you have that right because of them never forgot that or you wind up becoming just like those who you hate.