View Single Post
(#40 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
01-20-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
That's what I don't get.
I mean, I guess it was "cool" for some people to have
a "black" president (though he's half-white) but I mean
it's been a while now. Let's get over it now. I think
people very focusing only on THAT and weren't
focusing on his goals for the country.

But that's not the point of this thread, I think?

Really, in a way I want to see the inauguration,
but I think I would just get pissed off, and since I
don't watch the news, I don't know where I could
watch it from anyway.
I know! and my band teacher pointed out to us that most people that voted for him only see $ signs. W/ the government fundin for doctor visits and stuff...he doesn't think that they understand that means that the government chooses WHEN you go to the doctor, WHICH doctor you see, and WHAT medication you're allowed to recieve (which is why a lot of canadians come down here for medical. cus they have that and we dont...yet)

I watched what they showed in school and that was about it. I could care less about who the president is...as long as we don't go boom I'll be fine XD

Quote:
You guys are young, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

If you see the speech, he says "60 years ago, my father wouldn't have been served food in a Washington DC restaurant, and now his son has been asked to serve as the country's president." The point is not the color of his skin, but the PROGRESS this country has made.

I think it's great that you don't think it's a big deal that he is black. THAT is progress, too. But for your parents and grandparents it is a HUGE deal.
But it seems as if everyone is focusing on the fact that he 'made history' That's all I hear and see on the news and websites "Obama makes history. First African-American President"