View Single Post
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

01-21-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ante View Post
Oh, come off it now, will you? Stop taking things completely out of context. At least highlight the whole sentence

but most people are introduced through anime, manga and video games.

Yes, anime, manga and video games are defining for Japan, and modern, like it or not, that really doesn't change the point. It is also the way most people are introduced to the culture at a young age. I then provided you with other areas where their culture is different, but you chose to hang on to my first post.

It doesn't mean it's the only thing defining that culture, or the best things, or the things you like.
instead of writing about how you despise people who, you think, dont like japan, then why not start a post for those interested in things other than anime,manga,jrock,etc and youll see that everyone here are not just interested in those things. one reason i love japan is its castles like himeji castle. a friend i met on here is into the japanese underground music scene. they are very creative and well coordinated when it comes to music and dance. you wouldnt stereotype a mexican about him hanging out in front of home depot, so why would you stereotype people who love japan?

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders