View Single Post
(#63 (permalink))
Old
malee (Offline)
New to JF

01-21-2009, 04:42 AM

~waves~ hola, hi an all that. Just a couple of things. I completely understand not liking faeces, or vomit, etc, but if you're wanting to have kids (be it by birth or adoption) at the very least, they're going to vomit (even if they aren't babies).

You really have to face everything, not just an idealistic view of having kids.

I think adoption is a wonderful thing to do (especially considering there are so many children wordwide who could benefit from it) but it is also expensive to go through the process, so keep that in mind. The cost varies country to country, but it's always in the 1000's.

Kids cost money, time, effort and love, and you can't just pick the sunshine from the storms if you're diving into having kids. You will be responsible for their wellfare, health and happiness from the day they are born (or you adopt) til the day they leave home for good.

Good luck with getting a kid (hn. that sounds like you're gonna grab one off the street. Don't do that, by the way ^^, and a little bit of advice- if you really want kids, and you're only 16-18/19- why not try doing some babysitting of kids of various ages to get a little insight?

-shrugs- Talk to parents, read some books, if you really want more info, though keep in mind everyone else's opinions are just that- THEIR opinions. It doesn't mean it's wrong, but it doesn't mean you have to listen to any of us ^^

cheers,

malee

"You stab 'em, we slab 'em"

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead. Only then will you have done your share." -Phil Messina

"I would shake your hand, but I don't know where it's been"

"Representative of Postman Pat (the very happy mailman) and his black and white cat"