View Single Post
(#62 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

01-21-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
First of all, it's not pretentious. And I'm not the only one in this forum who believes that way. Anime and JRock is just a fraction of what Japan really is. There's alot of people who claims they love Japan, but what they meant is they just love Animes and these effeminate looking guys. Those people wouldnt even bother to explore other things Japan can offer aside from mangas and musicians. How can you people say they like a country without liking it's history? You may say a person can like Japan even he or she ignores and wouldnt give a damn about it's history, that's absolutley wrong. A person may think he loves to eat a whole roast of chicken but in reality he only eats the wings and thinks that other parts doesnt taste good, can you say that that guy loves to eat a whole chicken roast? If you'd just think of the chicken as Japan.
I agree completely, picture this, you go to japan, and get into a conversation whit a local and you say oh I love your culture. and they ask you what about it? oh J pop, J rock, and anime. that's it, well I assure you are going to look prety ignorant.

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
Original language: spanish learning to write in english......so be patient.