View Single Post
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
I... sort of consider myself a weirdo..... and I say that I "love japan" but after reading though this discussion I really can't say that I really "love it".
SUCCESS! I'm glad we could provide a learning environment for you (that's job #1), and I'm glad you're being honest with yourself, that takes guts. You won't really be able to say you love Japan until you've there lived like one of its people, but maybe you'll learn something on your way there!

Quote:
I know that I wanna learn more about japan but I don't know where to start. I don't know too much about the history except for some things about samurai but I don't know much about how Japan became what it is today.

I guess one of the real things that attract me to Japanese people right now is the power of their will and motivation I think? I guess I get envious about this idea and how I'm not too motivated in lot's of things I do.

This might not really add much to this discussion but maybe I can learn something new from interaction. This thread seems too interesting to ignore.
Hey man, I'm glad you responded! There are many ways you could get involved with Japanese culture! The best way, of course, is to visit the country. If you can't do that, there are some good books on Japanese culture, and lots of books in its history! Start with japan-guide.com, browse through some articles on culture, and if something catches your eye, do some deeper research! Good luck man

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan