View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Isaa (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It depends on the person. Different nationalities commonly produce a certain persona or character. Even the different states in America are worth noteing when you meet an American, as each state seems to produce a different type of character. But, in the end, it depends on the person.
I agree that it depends on the person. Personality reverts to cognitive learning; what one has learned in his or her experiences through growing up. But then again, with all things considered, America is an Individualistic society, while Japan (though now moving towards Individualistic) is a Collectivist society. That means while Americans are focused on self- independence, getting a job, being solely financially stable, and having the idea that it is "every man for himself", it is more common that Japanese will say, I am "A mother", "A sister", "A student", viewing themselves in a network, realizing the picture around them. I believe this greatly impacts personal character, while the more specific things are compilations of events and the persons reactions to them, in life.

Last edited by Isaa : 01-24-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Did not Quote properly