(#24 (permalink))
Old
rukia29 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to rukia29
Smile 01-30-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Nyororin, in no way was my post a dig at people who live in Japan. In fact, I don't use my dryer in the US for the very reason you said (and it is a big drain of electricity).

My point was to put an inkling of a notion in the head of those that say "I want to live my life in Japan" that there is much more to life in Japan that you don't ever even imagine affecting you. Some of those things are positive, and some negative.

As someone who has done it for a few years and is now back home, I don't feel the pull to do it again. I do keep Japanese and Japan as the prime factor in any work I do, and since college I have only had one non-Japanese boss (when I was a Japanese teacher). I love visiting Japan and look forward to every chance I have to go, but crossing the line to living there again is not on my to-do list.
MMM
YOu are a deep thinker I must say and I enjoy your posts. You are correct when you say that life is not easy over there at all. Just as in any foreign country it never is. I do believe that if you plan you will suceed, but I never wanted to live over there just live there for 1-2 years and come back state side. I really want the expirence for my children, well really my whole family. I have been blessed in the fact that I was stationed there for 2 years, and my dad was a pilot until he retired, and I visited with him before I was out of high school, we used to go all the time. That being said anime buffs, and people who have never been there have a rude awakening because if you do not have a plan or ambition you can forget it.

Last edited by rukia29 : 01-30-2009 at 09:05 AM.