Thread: Japan≠Anime?
View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Colin (Offline)
JF Regular

01-31-2009, 12:16 AM

The people I know who assossiate Japan to Anime is basically most of the entirety of my Japanese class. They all pour over the comic books and bring them to class and discuss them and even now a girl's bid to our teacher to watch some anime movie about a magical cat thing (by Miyazaki) won over my offer to my teacher to watch a movie that would actually be interesting and entertaining from Japan that's not anime (My two bids were the comedy "Bubble Fiction: Boom or Bust" (Click here for trailer) and "The Sinking of Japan" (trailer here)) And I actually bought my movies, too. I didn't pirate them :|

And another example would be when I told my coach one day that I was going to go to Japan for a year and he was like "I didn't know you liked anime that much". Uhh, coach? I don't even like it to the smallest extent?

Or my parents will be like "Hey, Colin. Theres this new anime movie coming out are you getting excited for it?".

And no, I don't find anything specifically wrong about Anime/Manga, and it's not the actual shows themselves that bug me, its the craze over them.

Clicky my signature for my experiences-in-japan blog

Last edited by Colin : 01-31-2009 at 12:19 AM.