View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
mrnicekid (Offline)
JF Regular

01-31-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerotolerant View Post
i am signing up for the undergraduate scholarship. i have about three years' worth of scholarship papers that i got from the studyjapan website, (only 2 years worth of solutions for some reason), but i don't want to go in for any surprises, which is why i would so love to have a secondary school syllabus. if i knew the name of their major examination body i would probably be able to find the syllabus on their website.

Now that i think about it though, is MEXT the body? It seems to be that that is a goverment organization, and over here private (not so private, but independent of the ministry of education) bodies are responsible for examinations.

I looked through the Mext website but i can't find anything useful, not the final papers or anything, i can't access half of the site due to some retarded dns error on this connection that i am on. i will try again later elsewhere.
i've been studying in Japan for almost 6 years now, and i don't even know the existence of the studyjapan website! it's a really good website...

well, mext scholarship is a scholarship from the japanese government, coming out from japanese citizen's tax money, and is governed by the ministry of education, culture, sports, science and technology (mext).

the reason why they employ private bodies to conduct examinations for them is probably because of it would be cheaper that way; they don't have to set up their own facility in another country just for conducting exams.

anyways, i took my mext exam in 2004, and i think it was not as hard as i expected it to be... but all the questions are in Japanese and all answers must be in japanese. there were several papers... including math, chemistry, english, japanese, physics and kanji. i guess that's all of it.

are you going to take the mext exam in english?