View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
nickm (Offline)
New to JF

02-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
A one week rail pass isn't too expensive, maybe if you get a one week rail pass, that will give you the option for Japan.

I would suggest to "go cheap" on hotels, go down to something like a business hotel, that cost you around 35-60 USD a night, so that will shave some cost. With 2 people, you are looking at around 840 USD for the week. If my math is correct, you save around 30000 yen a week

That said, you probably can very well make 1 week (or even 10 days) trip to Kensai area....I am in the midst of planning out my own honeymoon for October/November, here is what I have for the Kensai part (Still planning out my Tokyo side, I am planning for 18 days total):

Day 1 - Hakata
Day 2 - Miyajima
Day 3 - Kobe, Himeji
Day 4 - Osaka
Day 5 - Osaka
Day 6 - Kyoto
Day 7 - Kyoto
Day 8 - Kyoto
Day 9 - Nagoya, Hakone
Day 10 - Hakone
Day 11 - Yokohama

Something like that... I have budgeted around 6000 USD for the 2 of us for this trip....
Although it looks possible, your trip looks very ambitious. How will you start your trip in Hakata? Are you flying there from Kansai Kokusai? Make sure to eat some ramen... I have good memories of Hakata. Some of the nicest people and cutest girls I met in Japan.