(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-06-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
Aw, cool to know your husbands family is from Fukui- and yeah, they're all so rich- I almost assumed no Japanese people had houses like that.

Not only did my host family have a Japanese style house with 5 bedrooms, but the grandparents had a house RIGHT NEXT DOOR that was Western-style, and had atleast 3 bedrooms. O.o

But anyway, I stayed in a small town called Takefu-- and I attended Takefu Higashi Koukou... a really awesome down to earth place!

Takefu!

Know exactly where that is. My husband`s family is in Echizen-cho, right along the coast. Whenever we visit, grandma makes us drive her over to シピィ...

Land is cheap and building regulations are loose in Fukui, so it`s really really common to have multiple houses on one plot. Faster and cheaper than tearing down one and building a larger one.
Fukui is known for having the happiest residents... And the most money. Mainly because there is nowhere to spend it. Even in Fukui-shi, Pia shut down so there isn`t really much left. Everyone sort of gives everyone else food, so you don`t have to spend much there... Plus because all the houses are so big and cheap, it`s really rare to not live with extended family so that`s even more money to save.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.