View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TimmyK (Offline)
New to JF

I'm 16 and I want to, someday, live and work in Japan-Questions!! - 02-06-2009, 03:37 AM

Hello everyone!
Let me first start off with saying, for as long as I can remember, it has always been my dream to live in Japan. For some reason I am so attracted to everything Japanese. I love the culture, the language, the people, the architecture, the history, everything Japan! I am currently in high school, living in America ever since I was born, and I am 16 years old. My question is, what do I need to do in college in America to get a job in Japan? What kind of degree's should I get? And also, what kinds of jobs can Americans get when they move over to Japan? I know about the whole English teaching over in Japan thing and that sounds cool but I was just looking that up and apparently they don't really make that much money. I want a job that I can make an alright, decent living that I can live off of happily. Also, I don't really want to live somewhere like Osaka or Tokyo. I'm looking for a city but a more rural sort of traditional city that's not so crowded and the cost of living isn't as high as Tokyo and Osaka. For example, Kyoto seems really ideal for what I'm looking for. Any suggestions on what I can do to prepare to live and work in Japan? Thank you all so much, I really appreciate your help into guiding me towards my dream and goal of moving to Japan!