View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KawaiiSakura (Offline)
New to JF

10-05-2006, 05:35 PM

CardCaptor Sakura!

Okay, so this is most probably classed as a shojo manga, and thus might not interest guys as much, but I thought I'd express my feeling on this anime.

I remember watching this when I was 9-10 years old and absolutely LOVING it. We used to play act CCS in the playground, and everything. Now, 4 years later I'm re-watching it (after missing the end of season 3) and I still love it.

There's a really good summary on Wikipedia (which you should read, rather than mine, as I tend to ramble on a bit...) at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardcaptor_Sakura

ANYway, basically, the story revolves around Sakura Kinomoto (Or Sakura Avalon in the Dub) who is a 10-year-old girl with magical powers (that she doesn't know about originally). One day, she finds a book in her father's library, and looks inside to find there are cards hidden inside! Unfortunately, she manages to magically scatter the cards all over her hometown of Tomoeda (Readington - dub). Also from the book comes Keroberos, who was supposed to be guarding the book, but took a nap. For 30 years.
Well, of course Sakura has to clean up the mess she made, and thus becomes the world's only Cardcaptor.

Gah, I'm starting to ramble now, but I'll carry on a little longer. The series spans over 3 seasons, the first two consist of Sakura re-capturing the cards, and the third is what adventures occur afterwards.
I have one thing more to say, and that is the usual thig of: The English dub sucks. I used to be alright with it, but after watching the original, with its amazing music and cute voices, I don't want to go back!

Ack, well...bye!

I want some culture
Never mind the cheese
Just wanna hear music
And originality!

The Cat Empire Rocks! As does Kyohru! KAWAII DESU NE?!?!
Visit My Deviant Art Gallery Or My Shared Account