(#27 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

Send a message via AIM to Touya Send a message via Yahoo to Touya
02-10-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lself View Post
v-neu disbanded just a short time ago. And they were not around that long. It was sad cause I was just starting to really like them. I think the singer got really sick or something?

I know some of those bands, but mostly only by reputation. But if Due le quartz hadn't disbanded we wouldn't have the wonderfulness that is Miyavi as a solo artist.
I didnt really listen to a lot of V-Neu. It sounded to me like the rest of everything else.

What we need are more bands that stand out and are individual. Like Kagrra,. You will never hear anything like Isshi's voice anywhere else. Or even MUCC. How many bassist actually play a standing bass on stage for a rock song? WE need more like that.

At least Candy Spooky Theater is coming back.

And MYV, well, I think he would have had his solo work whether they were together or not.If you listen to DLQ then MYV you'll notice it's nothing alike. MYV wouldn't have been able to just ignore the music he wanted if it didn't suit the band. And there are a lot of bands that have guitarist doing solo work and are still together. Take D. Ruiza released his solo work and is still in the band. So has Chachamaru from Gackt JOB. So I don't think MYV not having solo work because he would have been in a band to be a fair and accurate statement.