View Single Post
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you don't think making pointless posts is pointless because someone might come along and follow up with something substantial, that is your right. I disagree with that, and that is why I made my first post: in an effort to reduce pointless posts, especially on threads that have been inactive for months or longer.
And this where our argument comes to an end. We both have different opinions on this matter, and we both cling to them. You disagree with me, and disagree with you.
I just don't see your points strong enough on to change my point of view. This necroposting with pointless posts isn't a big problem as it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
By your way of thinking, we need members who only necropost and contribute none of their opinions to the community... just to go around and bump old threads because they like to. Those threads became inactive for a reason, if someone is so interested to share his argument and revive it yea, but in no way should someone bump a topic and WAIT for others opinions... I don't get the point in all this.
Stop making things up!
I never said we NEED members to necropost dead threads, and it's only your guess on why people necropost threads. And even, IF somebody's intention of necroposting was just to wait for others opinions, will it kill you if you open a revived thread and nothing useful to you, will the forum crash because of that? no, either you'll:
1) just make another irreverent post which has nothing to do with the topic.
2) just post flaming that person for necroposting the which is also irrelevant,
3) just ignore it and move on,
4) if the topic is interests you, you'll contribute by posting something interesting and NOT pointless.

And like noodle said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
If however it isn't interesting, then it just... dies again! I don't see the harm?!