Thread: Necroposting
View Single Post
(#48 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Stop making things up!
I never said we NEED members to necropost dead threads, and it's only your guess on why people necropost threads. And even, IF somebody's intention of necroposting was just to wait for others opinions, will it kill you if you open a revived thread and nothing useful to you, will the forum crash because of that? no, either you'll:
1) just make another irreverent post which has nothing to do with the topic.
2) just post flaming that person for necroposting the which is also irrelevant,
3) just ignore it and move on,
4) if the topic is interests you, you'll contribute by posting something interesting and NOT pointless.
I'm not making things up. Your way leads us to get lots of necroposters because of allowing them, thus adding more pointless posts to a debating thread.

Noodle's example is wrong. We should let SPAM because people ignore it and it dies? Necroposting is a weak form of SPAM. How many necroposters here even thought about the next person's opinion? They just add it either to increase their post count, or to let us know they agree with someone. That's pointless.

Example on an old thread:

A guy's opinion, debate or whatever is here

If it was a new thread I would just post 'I agree', there is no problem. If I were to post on an old topic I wouldn't quote him at all but since I agree with him I would share my opinion (same as him) and why. I don't think those necroposters have time to explain why they agree, they just want to increase post count.

This way you REVIVE the thread for others and PUT A VALID ARGUE for your opinion. Hell, 5 straight necroposters could revive a thread saying I agree citing only one guy.

Reviving an old post VIA necroposting is a bad habit and should be stopped. revive it with an argument, it's fine.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?