View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

02-18-2009, 03:06 AM

Hi guys, thanks for all of the replies!

And to fill in the gaps I am 23, have been to japan over 10 years ago with school. This trip I am going with my girlfriend and two of our friends. Our accomodation is pretty much locked in - it's just what we do with those days - especially in Osaka, that need some thought.

OK, i will skip Himeji castle and do Osaka castle only. Great!

At this stage we were spending one night in Kyoto at a Ryokan (Kurama Onsen) and then going back from where we are Based in Osaka to spend the day there. Since there there seems to be some free days in Osaka we will go to Kyoto again for another day trip. Fushimi Inari trail looks great, will deifnately slot that in.

As for Hiroshima it was basically only the peace museum that my friends wanted to see i think, I have been before. Is there anything else worth checking out? Isn't Miyajima island easily accessed from hiroshima? I figured we could easily check out the peace museum for 1 hour or so and spend the rest of the day at Miyajima? This is not plausible?

As for Disneyland I am mostly going because my friends want to go. I was interested in disneysea however as i have never been there so we are just doing both. I know it isn't japanese or anything but it is still a bit of fun to go on rides and muck around.

I have already organised Ghibli tickets

I have been to Tokyo yes, but i love the fashion, design and music scene there and there are a lot of shops, galleries, art spaces, record stores and clubs i want to visit. Honestly i wish i had more time there to network with local designers and music producers etc as i am a fashion designer here in sydney. Also, my friends have never been and are excited by a lot of the things there.

I love the look of mt Koya and the graveyard etc - is a day trip there OK? I dont really have any other options at this stage i.e lodging there for a night but I am curious if it is worth while. My girlfriend is a proffesional photographer and i think she will get a lot of great shots.

Oh oh, one more question. I keep getting mixed information about the weather during that time (March/April). I was planning on wearing jeans, tee, medium weight hoodie and a Leather hacket most days - does this seem suitable?

Oh oh, one MORE thing. We will be there when the cherry blossoms are in bloom - do you think we will see them often enough when we are travelling around, especially since we will be staying right near Ueno Park, or should we plan to visit a specif spot to check them out.

Hmm one more. Have any of you been to a restaurant in Tokyo called Tofuya Ukai?? I was planning on taking my girlfriend there for a romantic dinner as our 5yr anniversary falls whilst we are in Tokyo. Is it good? Romantic? etc etc.

Thanks again!!!