View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-19-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
What is racist about that?

It is an insult to Obama, to potray him as an ape. How does it tie to his skin color, but? Not to mention, I don't think it was meant like that. I think the joke is they shot the monkey who attacked that woman, and that monkey was supposed to sign the bill, but is now dead. I am not sure the monkey was actually supposed to be Obama...

What a load of BS. Americans jumping up and down over nothing again...
For the most part, African Americans/blacks have a long history with being associated with being "stupid monkeys" and such. If one hadn't known about the unfortunate incident with the chimp a couple of days ago, I'm sure most anyone would consider that toon racist. Even though Obama didn't write the stimulus bill, he's still the most associated with it and when people think of the bill, they more than likely think of Obama. To someone who has seen racism or have gone through it or have had relatives and such who have gone through it, you can possibly understand why they would consider this cartoon bordering racism or just view it as downright racist.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 02-19-2009 at 04:45 AM.