View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
LorenPaul (Offline)
New to JF

02-27-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
No unfortunately not, I've never had the time nor the money. For example, When I was younger I was too young to get a job/go to Japan with friends, and now I am in full time education doing A Levels, and even when I do get holiday I am doing work through the holidays, so basically that is what has restricted me from going. I could go to Japan on my savings but the wiser thing to do would be to use them for University, so it doesn't look like I'll be going any time soon.

I come here often to learn about the culture and now I've started learning the language the people on here are extremely helpful with that, they tell you things that'd you'd never get from a textbook.
hold strong. since i went to university i went to japan for 10 days in the first year.

i'm now in my second year and i'm going to japan for 3 weeks in june.

uni actually makes money EASIER.

as you have control over your finances and you learn when to save and when to spend.

T.v. and buying stupid crap aren't the priorities in your life anymore.. buying food and paying bills are... and therefor your willing to spend "more money" on real play time.. instead of unnecessary items.

also.. in uni you are your own person. you don't have to follow your friends "trends" etc.

i'm in uni in the west midlands and from my student loan i tend to have neough at the end of the year to go to japan for a month ish.. and the other 4 months of the year i have off for uni holidays/breaks i work my ass off at work and i'm pretty financially comfortable!

(also staying with penfriends helps ;-) )

back on track of the thread though

amazing story! and i'm jealous of you.. i wanna be in japan now! >=(

i hope you enjoyed/are enjoying your trip!

|L.p.