View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-03-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
There is no such thing as a regular revolving account. Cards in Japan simply don`t function that way. They are always of the revolving account and 1 payment account, and when you buy something with your card you will always be asked which you would like to charge the item to. If you reply revolving, it goes into the revolving - if you reply single payment, then it is a single payment. So you can conceivably put everything into your revolving if you desire... But it`s not common at all to have that automatically happen, particularly with a regular bank card such as Tokyo Mitsubishi. There are a few cards that will do it, but think things like 100000 limit grocery store cards, etc.

I wonder if we are talking about the same thing. A revolving account is a line of credit which allows you to carry a balance as high as the credit limit, but which has no terminal date, meaning that the account may be used as long as a least a minimum payment is made each month.

I have a JP Bank Visa, and it is no different than any of my 20-odd American credit cards. I can carry a balance if I like, for as long as I like, provided I pay the interest and make a minimum payment each month.