(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
I have a JP Bank Visa, and it is no different than any of my 20-odd American credit cards. I can carry a balance if I like, for as long as I like, provided I pay the interest and make a minimum payment each month.
Then I`m going to guess that you have your card set to put all charges into the "revolving" portion of the card. As of this date, only one small bank offers a revolving only card - any others you can only apply for as a second card if you carry their regular card.

The problem with the auto-revo cards is that the setting can be overridden at the register if they manually enter ikkatsu instead of leaving it on default when they run the card. Something which can seriously screw you if you aren`t counting on it.

In general, the attitude here is pretty strongly against any plan which would make it hard to pay the remaining balance off very easily at bonus time, which is what keeps those types of cards from gaining any popularity. Also, revolving counts as a full fledged loan - while ikkatsu payments apparently fall into some other legal category. Apparently it is easy to get insurance bank side on cards that just offer an additional "revolving" service - but very hard for a "loan card".

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.