(#60 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Does that pretty much go hand and hand with what you commented earlier with people saying "cute" when refering to mixed child?

Its weird to see so many differnt perspectives on the matter. I never thought of myself or my sister as any different it felt natural to just say im mixed. But you are right you could go to any country and here people find something to link to discrimnation.

Thank you for imput I think it obvious why i asked for your input on the artice. oh i didnt mean group you with all the people in article it was more of the fact that you are raising a mixed child as these people are.
Don`t worry, I understand that you weren`t grouping me with them - and the negativity wasn`t in your direction at all.

The cute thing, well... Really it`s more just a pet peeve than having anything deeply linked to discrimination, etc. Under normal circumstances I think it would be great to have someone comment that your kid is cute... But when that becomes an automatic response because of their racial background, it starts to get annoying. But I do suppose it`s much better than a negative reaction. It`s just hard to filter out the real compliments from the "Half? Must be cute then!" ones.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.