View Single Post
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Realism (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-11-2009, 08:00 PM

Thing is, if you're gonna live in a new country, but your OWN volition. You should be committed, you should stick through the good and bad. But most importantly, you should be ready. A lot of people just isn't ready. But that's not the biggest problem. The main reason is that they have unrealistic expectation, and even worse...

They want things to go their way

But it's Japan, over there, it's the OTHER way.

That's how it is...and you either accept it and adapt, or else, you'll begin hating it.

Me personally, when I was in Japan, I disliked it at first because of my immaturity and unrealistic expectations of how PEOPLE should be. It's not them, you have to take responsibility for everything that you do. Mostly, it's the way you see people and their customs. And the minute you don't get your way, most people start to fold.

But now that I think about it, me going to Japan was probably the most memorable experience I've ever had. Tell you the truth, I don't remember much things, and I don't take many things to heart. But there was a person that I met while in Japan, he touched my heart personally, on how to BE righteous, and that means more than anything.

And probably the main reason that I would want to live in Japan?

I'd rather be in a place where I'm the majority, and not the minority.

And that's good enough for me.