View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yaodongjiang (Offline)
New to JF

Q:your views of china's current and future problem. - 03-11-2009, 08:22 PM

its nice to be here and meet all you guys~ as the title said, i am from shanghai,china ,and i am studying architecture in USA. briefly, i have to admit the huge gap bw our two countries nowadays.
however, as a normal chinese guy, i, only represent myself, respect japanese. i did not and still do not expect any respects from japanese in terms of our chinese “well" reputations in the safety of products and the conflicts of copy rights. there is no way to reject those facts, even though it is hard to accept as an chinese. i feel shame every times i heard such news.
as citizens in the developed country,japan, ur life standard was almost overtake the position of US. i therefore really admire the generation at that period. they work so hard and do not think the question as what they can get from the country, but what they can give to the country. 30 years before, toyota and honda were still called shitbox in us. nowadays, they almost killed US's big three. 30 years before, japanese students rushed into western world for studying. nowadays, western start to rush into japan. 30 years before, there is no one in united states would like to learn any japanese as their second language and they even made racial TV shows to have fun with japanese. nowadays, they started to think their life styles are wrong and learn from japanese with humble. japan spent 30 years to achieve the position u are enjoying today as the culture and economic leader in the whole world.
i do not know how long it will takes to turn around our chinese reputation in the world. we just started. 30 years before, we do not have any thing to show off on this planet except the world largest political party. 20 years before, we started to build our finance market by following japanese structure and got economy growth. 10 years before, we started to copy japanese car and make ours. 5 years before, we started to be called as the factory of world and sold cheap goods everywhere. i do not know what will happen to china in the future. we are still called as thief of copyrights and our products are even able to substitute the word of "garbage".
50 years before, japan and china used to be at the same point. now, china behind 20 years compared to current japan almost in every fields as i know so far. in chinese, we have a proverb, people will never be a good teacher before they become good students. japan used to be chinese teacher 30 years before, and, i deem, japan still is and will be our teacher.