View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-12-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
In my opinion China's population is it's biggest problem. Not only is it large... but as a result of Chinese culture and it's one child policy, the male population is disproportionate to it's female population.

I don't know how it will do it but China needs to discourage this cultural practice of favouring male children. I'm not particularly against the one child policy though... I'm not sure what else China could do to curb it's population growth.
The last time I noticed, there has been some plan for years to get rid of the one child policy for good. But it needs a steady step to do this.

China has been like this for centuries. Same as Korea even today.

Oh well, we need more Chinese immigrants in the west anyways.

Quote:
it needs to give Tibet true autonamy,
Let's see if this happens. Well, can't see it in any ways.

Quote:
leave Taiwan alone,
But President Ma loves China than his own Taiwanese people. After 8 years of Taiwanese independent party being dominant in Taiwanese politics... and never achieved anything besides a crippling economy in early 2000.

Taiwan lost its chance to be independent.

Quote:
and stop aiding corrupt and genocidal dictatorships in Africa.
It will be aide if Americans gives support to African dictators. Remember several ex-British countries in western Africa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
I'm cuious on this "respect" from the west? Why does China need it? I thought it already got that from the US according to Hiliary Clinton from the last visit. Human rights? errr no let's talk treasury bond.

IMHO, China just needs to walk it's own path and ignore the western hippies. Which is of course what it is doing.
Thank goodness that America has become a loyal servant to the Chinese government.