Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-16-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Quote:
I never said "going there illegally".
I'm sorry, but that was the impression I was getting, especially when you mentioned the part about not being in a position to get a visa. You can't stay in the country without one and the only other alternative is to be there illegally.
This. You may not THINK you`re talking about living in Japan illegally, but you are. No visa = No legality. As the only way to stay in the country legally is by getting a visa, your other option is one that leaps straight into illegality.

Quote:
It's unfortunate that without a work visa (which you need a Bachelor's for), you can't work, unless you just happen to luck out, and know someone who could use you for a job and could sponsor you and you get it that way, but as I said, you'd need a lot of luck in that regard.
Even if you know someone who can sponsor you, they still have to prove that it is sufficiently difficult to find someone to do the same work inside of Japan to justify bringing someone in. So even if you know a hundred CEOs, unless you have something that people in Japan do not, it`s a no go.

Quote:
It's probably rare for a foreigner in Japan to get any of those "unskilled jobs", then again, I do recall hearing about some foreign immigrants getting jobs in like construction and stuff like that. *Shrugs* Who knows.
There are opportunities for people from Asian countries taking part in the Asian Apprenticeship Program (I forget it`s official name), allowing limited numbers of workers from participating companies to stay in Japan for periods of time learning skills. There are also openings for those from Brazil, as Japan has a very liberal immigration policy for Brazilians... Otherwise, you`re out of luck.

Quote:
That aside, why do you want to go to Japan? What interests do you have of the country?
I too am curious about this. What makes you think that life would be better in Japan?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.