View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-26-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
From what I've gathered, it started out as a plan to simply remaster it. Higher quality video and sound. Then, someone said, "Hey, let's fix some of the funky dialogue." Then, someone else said, "While we're at it, let's take out this episode." And then it ended up as a new series.
This version is going to be closer to the manga, meaning, no filler (or hardly any of it) and a faster pace. I for one really would like to see it. They're also probably doing this because this is DBZ's 20th anniversary. Its anime started in April of 1989.

The only thing I'm a bit iffy on, is the fact that they're not going to keep the original opening songs (Head Cha-La/We Gotta Power) and ending songs (Dete koi Tobikiri Zenkai Power/Bokutachi wa Tenshi Datta). I really liked those songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Z was still the best series though, Right?
IMO, Dragon Ball was. It was more about "skill" as opposed to power. The other characters did more for it. It had a lot of comedy. Goku was just too adorable with his naive nature.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 03-26-2009 at 05:24 PM.