View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
scumm (Offline)
New to JF

Does anyone know this movie? - 03-29-2009, 03:29 AM

My friend only gave me a vague description of the plot and a scene from the movie.

In the movie, there's a high status couple set in (feudal?) Japan. The guy has some chick penpal, and eventually falls in love with her. Of course, she doesn't like this and sleeps with some guy out of spite (i'm not sure about this last thing actually. can't remember if my friend was describing another movie or something :S). Anyway, that guy went to visit the penpal and yeah. I don't remember what happened after that.

There's also another scene(s) in the movie that involves a guy (possibly the same guy, not sure), that's also of high status. Anyway, he asks this poorer girl to come over to his place so he can help her write something or something. When she does come over, he tells her to bring in her shoes so that no one knows that she's there. The guy tells the chick what to write (he's at a table), and the chick's on the floor writing, belly down. Apparently she's swinging her knees up and down like people usually do, and her kimono fell to her knees. Then the guy slowly undresses her kimono, still telling her what to write, and yada yada.

SORRY for the crap description (:
But does anyone know what this movie is? It's supposed to be a sad movie.

Thanks!

I posted this exact same post on another forum, but no one knew. I just thought I'd post it here, as this is a Japanese forum. (: