View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

03-30-2009, 07:25 AM

Ah, I miss Queensland.

I know Aussies generally have a playful kind of attitude (I'm an Aussie), so I can imagine them acting up, being cheeky in a foreign country.

The Canadians I've met have left a good impression on me. From my experience, they can be fairly bunt, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's all cool as long as you can understand what they mean.

I have to say, the worst foreigners I've met were Chinese and Iraqi. Though, I think the word 'worst' is misleading, because I did somewhat understand their attitudes. Their behavior towards people was pretty bad, nevertheless:

The Chinese guy was snobby and sarcastic. I guess since I was chatting up his sister, he got a little protective. (Ok...) Maybe in this case, my personal experience holds less value -- maybe he disliked me personally -- but based on observation, he was generally rude towards others also.

As for the Iraqi, he was fairly average... except for the fact that he got angry and bossy very quickly. I don't think he intended to come off as an *sshole, but he did.

With all this said, however, I know enough to only judge them individually. Unless I sense a trend (given I meet a lot of foreigners), I wouldn't base my opinion of a country solely upon my experiences with only a hand full of people.