View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
04-02-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
In America, "easter egg hunts" are among the main activities that go on during Easter.

They are usually organized by adults for smaller children. All the adults scatter plastic eggs around (they have candy and other prizes and stuff inside of them) All the children get together, (usually in a large open area, like a churchyard or something) and they have to find the eggs.

Is this in other countries? Or just America? I've never heard of it happening in other countries. But Easter here also has the same religious meaning.
I got this from wikipedia

'For Orthodox Christians, the Easter egg is much more than a celebration of the ending of the fast, it is a declaration of the Resurrection of Jesus. Traditionally, Orthodox Easter eggs are dyed red to represent the blood of Christ, shed on the Cross, and the hard shell of the egg symbolized the sealed Tomb of Christ—the cracking of which symbolized his resurrection from the dead.'

I guess that is why we use real eggs. I never won lol Also, people go down a table in the church... for luck I think

Very different to America though.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?

Last edited by iPhantom : 04-02-2009 at 01:15 AM.