(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-03-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
In most cases I agree with you... but I wouldn't call it racism for wanting someone from a certain nationality. Take me for example, I am Berber. There aren't that many of us in the world and we have a pretty unique culture. Therefore, when it comes to marraige, I'd want to meet someone from my culture, and my culture is only truely alive in Algeria. This however doesn't mean that I will break up a loving relationship just because the girl I've fallen in love with isn't from Algeria.
It is a different story completely when it comes to your own family background and cultural issues. Wanting a relationship with someone from the same background as your own isn`t specifically because of race or nationality. It`s more an issue of background and similarity and a desire to preserve heritage. There is also the possibility that someone sharing the same background will be more accepted by family, and will understand you and your family better.

If you were some other culture, and simply thought that Berber girls were hot/cool/etc, looking little at them as individuals - it would be a type of racism.

A Japanese girl wanting to have a Japanese boyfriend is a whole world different than a (insert random nationality) girl wanting a Japanese boyfriend because she thinks they are "cool".

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.