View Single Post
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
04-09-2009, 05:36 PM

I got made fun of severely.
Still do, even as I graduate high school in June.

In 5th grade, I was still very beginning on learning more about japan and the language.
And two witch twins came up to me, and said, "They bombed Hawai'i! You're anti-american!"

And people assume I like the culture, and so I must totally be obsessed with anime. Not. (However, I do read manga.)
I sometimes use japanese when I'm startled or excited without thinking. It's bad, but hey, at least I say more than "Kawaii" or "desu." And I don't have a high pitch voice anymore, so that's out the window xDD
I even get made fun of by adults who catch me using it with friends or if I use it by accident with my boyfriend.

I was part of the anime/japanese culture club, and I was VP. However, after the President left, me and the teacher overseer had a misunderstanding, and when I told her she wasn't being fair, she quit. Stupid biotch. It was really stupid, too. But that was when I was 15. ._.;

However, I normally don't mind it now- I had spread my interest into other languages, and just because I'm white doesn't mean I should think english is number one. ;/

Edit; About trying to be Japanese, screw that. I do bow by habit, which is something I got used to in martial arts. but that's it. I'm just me. :/

Coffee prevents me from killing you.