View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

Send a message via MSN to Shanis
Japanese reflation - 04-10-2009, 10:47 AM

Japan introduced today their economic stimulus package. The economic stimulus package is 15 billion Yen big, that´s about 113 milliard Euro or 149.499.179.118,658 USD (calculated with the exchange rate of 09. Apr. 2009 I hope it´s correct like that^^). The japanese government wants to help their export orientated economic, which is groggy from the economic crises.

What do you think about this aid package? I think it´s risky to pump that much money in once ludicrously when the exchange rate is already that low, compare: 1 JPY (Yen) = 0,00997 USD. That may help their car trade because if the exchange rate is low, your products in other countrys, to which your exchange rate is low, are getting cheaper so more people will buy them. The problem is the inflation, japanese people will have to pay more for the products because of it and there can be the same problem as with argentina, argentinas money is worth nothing they have to devalue their money or they won´t get any money from the world bank or other countrys. If that happens, japan has bigger problems as it now has.
Hope you can give me some good points of view, for me this economic stimulus package is too risky ^^

When do you think people die?

When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol?
No.

When they are ravaged by an incurable disease?
No.

When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom?
No!

It's when... they are forgotten.

~Dr. Hiluluk - One Piece