(#68 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
04-16-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Wow... I knew that foreigners often spoke badly of America, but Americans doing the same? That's a new one for me! I think it's pretty selfish to be honest.

USA is by far one of the best countries in the world, and people born into such a society are very lucky in many ways. If I was unfortunate enough to still be in Algeria, I'd do anything to go live in America. Fair enough that their government makes a load of huge mistakes, but which government doesn't? And I'm sure if any country had the same power as the US, their mistakes would be just as influential to the world as those of the US. This has (almost) nothing to do with its people.

For all those Americans that dislike their country, please swap places with my family members that are still in Algeria, living in the fear of terrorism, the uncertainty of running water and an unemployment rate with affects a whole household, not just the individual.

I agree there because its not that I hate America I just with it was in a better place right now, I think I am quite luck to be here and not somewhere else as you have stated. I dislike the condition America is in right now, thats my problem but hopefully it will be fixed atleast within the yr or the next. I have some faith. I do still think America is a great nation. As said we have our problems but they will be fixed eventually. =)

Rest in peace Kyle <3