View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Gina (Offline)
New to JF

04-16-2009, 01:56 PM

godwine, thank you for the tip, I'll work through the links and see if I find something.

Sangetsu, I think Mitsukoshi even got two stores in Germany but they cover a different range of products from what I would like to offer. I know, it's a LOT of work. I am working on contacts with wholesalers since about a year and it is tricky due to the language barrier. I already found suppliers for Kawaii goods, chirimen/traditional purses/bags/lucky cat items, kokeshi dolls, stationery, candy toys, arigurumi, kanzashi, some craft supplies, paper goods, stickers, beto etc.

There are just a couple of things I still need to get my hands on like little chirimen items. I wanted to fax the Chirimen Museum as well because they get their producs for their shop from this brand:

http://www.chirimenzaikukan.com/brand/

There also have a sister company that produces kanzashi so maybe they distribute their products to other retail shops as well?

I would whether they even know how crazy Europeans are for these items?

As for the money issue *sigh* I got a bit of capital but I will definitely start with an online shop because you got to pay enormous provisions for renting a retail store in a good area and it is defnitely impossible without taking at least a small bank loan. Which is fine because it is a puzzling market niche in Germany and there is basically no competition.

Last edited by Gina : 04-16-2009 at 01:59 PM.