View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-23-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Your experience and maturity is not important for tattoos. Your knowledge of Japanese language is important for tattoos. I respect you probably more than anyone else here on this forum, but I can't bring myself to agree with what you're saying.

I bet somewhere some statistics say something like "85% of people who smoke will die of smoking related diseases" Does that mean everyone who smokes will die of smoking related diseases? No, not at all.

Because someone said in the New York Times that marriages usually don't work at young ages, that they never do? Marriages don't work sometimes, it's a part of life, and there is no way of knowing if it will work or not. But it's not your place, the New York Time's statistics, or anyone else's to express if they think it will or not. These kids might get married and grow to hate each other, or they can live until they're seven hundred and ninety years old still as in love with each other.

With all due respect, as far as I know, you're not a Psychic. He wasn't asking if you think his marriage will work or not. And it's not our place to judge, MMM.

It might, it might not.
I don't think MMM was TELLING him that it will not work. Its just a suggestion based on facts and figures. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no where did I see MMM saying "It won't work, don't do it". It was a mere suggestion of "slow down and think twice"

I would do the same and make the same suggestion if he didn't beat me to it.