Thread: Circumcision?
View Single Post
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-25-2009, 12:49 AM

Something I find interesting about these circumcision discussions is how very big of a deal people make about it - often when they have no personal experience or reference... All going by second hand, or who knows how many hand info.

When I was younger, my mother told me horror stories about how scary uncircumcised penises were. These frightening things, oozing, with a flap of skin literally dangling from them. She would NEVER be with a guy who hadn`t been cut, and had actually turned down some nice guys once she heard that they weren`t. She had me seriously disgusted - obviously it was better to be cut if that`s the horror waiting when you`re not!

Then, somewhere along the line I got married. She asked me "OMG! I hear they don`t circumcise guys in Japan!!! You`re not doing it with something like THAT are you?"
It was he first time I`d thought about it in years. I`d had a couple boyfriends before my husband, and hadn`t really noticed any huge difference. No uncleanliness, no oozing, no long dangling skin, etc. As silly as it felt, I asked him. Of course he wasn`t, and was appalled at the very idea.

The horrors of the uncircumcised penis dropped right into urban legend land for me that day. If you bathe like a civilized human being, on a regular basis, it`s not going to be any dirtier than a circumcised penis. And if you go around for long periods of time without bathing, having unprotected sex with multiple women - being cut isn`t going to help you all that much when it comes to AIDS. (I believe the study showed it reduced the spread of AIDS between women via a single man in Africa - with the virus remaining under the foreskin of the unwashed penis...)
No offense, but if that is the defense for chopping off body bits in a first world country, I have to wonder what sort of life you are living. Take a bath or use a condom.

Quote:
Also you can't tell whether one is circumcised or not when fully erect as the foreskin pulls back anyway so I really don't think women can tell the difference.
THIS. I think that most people who spout the horrors of not being cut have never really encountered an uncut penis - or did but did not realize it. Especially when apparently 20 some percent of guys in the US answered that they had no idea whether they were or not. I`m guessing that even if they weren`t, their girlfriends and wives assumed they were because real life doesn`t mesh with passed along horror stories.

If someone wants to be circumcised, there is nothing in their way once they are old enough to make the decision. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done if your parents make that decision for you.

Quote:
Sorry to go back to the co-sleeping dicussion a few pages earlier, but I was just curious if co-sleeping with the children had any effect on the marital relationship? It just seems like it'd kill the romantic or sexual side of the adult's relationship.
Sex set aside - romance in your relationship only happens in bed? I imagine that sort of relationship would suffer under any change of circumstances.

As for sex... If you have a big enough bed, it doesn`t make a difference. In fact, I`d say it is probably easier when the child is small, and all the stories I have heard from both sides supports this. It`s a whole lot easier to stop, roll over and pat the baby on the back for a few seconds when it starts to wake up than get up and spend 20 minutes in another room putting it back to sleep after it has reached all out scream mode. Talk about killing the mood.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.