View Single Post
(#28 (permalink))
Old
CyberPunkKitty (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to CyberPunkKitty Send a message via MSN to CyberPunkKitty
04-26-2009, 04:57 AM

I understand where your parents are coming from in the sense of not wanting to look like you just threw a crap load of things on while you were in the dark. I personally love decora, and I understand how others are saying you don't have to go all out decora. However, to those who say that, I think it's the random crazy attitidue of the style that draws many people to it and I think only dressing 'a little' decora is kinda not fulfulling anything for them. However, our parents do have a point when they say it brings about certain ideas. My mother always says, 'Why bring more attention to yourself then you need to?' and I always reply, 'its other people who call the attention to me'. I personally don't give a flying fuck what people think, but I do think you should ease into the decora style slowly, but still retain the sense to be able to wear attire that suites the occasion. Like say, an interview or social outing with your family. But that's just my opinion

~Come on, live a little, breath a little, feel a little more..~