View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-28-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
And as one who has come all too close to death by drowning twice, its effect on me could go either way. I might be driven insane by the fear, or perhaps just resign to it and accept that I am finally going to die this time by having my lungs filled with water instead of air.
It's very hard to drown by water boarding. For the most part waterboarding does not put water into the lungs, but the part of the throat and nose area takes on water, simulating and telling your brain that you may be drowning. On that even if you did drown, you have an 5 minute-ish window to get oxygen back into the longs before you suffer brain damage (still that harsh).

MMM, and everybody who mentions it as psychological trauma I don't disagree with, (it's got it be one mean experience) is there any proof yet of lasting psychological issues? I ask mainly because we would be damaging our own troops by training them against this method.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.